How much gorilla safaris in Uganda cost
How much gorilla safaris in Uganda cost? is a frequently asked question by many people that would love to experience gorilla trekking in Uganda, therefore this 3 Days gorilla safaris in Uganda itinerary contains relatively fair prices bearable to all people’s budget hence solving the “how much gorilla safaris in Uganda cost” question.
3 Days gorilla safaris in Uganda Trip Overview
This 3 Days gorilla safari in Uganda enables you visit the world’s home “Bwindi Forest” to more than half of total population of the endangered mountain gorillas. The 3 days gorilla safaris in Uganda starts with an early morning drive to bwindi from your hotel, do gorilla trekking and community visit then drive back to Kampala city or Entebbe International Airport hence calling it an end to our 3 Days gorilla safaris in Uganda.
ITINERARY FOR 3 DAYS GORILLA SAFARIS IN UGANDA
Day 1: Drive to bwindi impenetrable national park
Our 3 Days gorilla safaris in Uganda starts with a pick up from the Hotel then drive to the far south Western parts of Uganda, the travel time is about 9-10 hours including stoppages for lunch and equator line experience. Expect to reach your lodge in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in the evening hence rest and prepare for the gorilla trekking trails. Meal plan lunch and dinner.
Day 2: Gorilla safaris in Uganda experience
Start the day with an early breakfast then embark for 3 days gorilla safaris in Uganda experience with 5 min drive to the gorilla trek briefing point were you will meet other tourist who will be joining you on a gorilla safaris in Uganda experience, you will then be briefed on the DO’S and DON’TS while in bwindi impenetrable forest. Time taken trekking gorillas will depend on how far and the time you take to find the gorilla groups allocated to you, but usually it takes between 2-6 Hours then return to the lodge relax as you get ready for dinner and overnight. Meal Plan Breakfast, packed lunch and dinner.
Day 3: Transfer from Bwindi Impenetrable National Park back to Kampala
The 3 Days gorilla safaris in Uganda ends with an early break fast then drive back to Kampala city with a stopover for lunch in Mbarara. Meal plan breakfast and lunch.
Recommended Lodges/Hotels for gorilla safaris in Uganda
- Bwindi Jungle lodge, Haven lodge, Silverback lodge ( Luxury options)
- Gorilla valley lodge, Ichumbi Gorilla lodge, Gorilla mist lodge, Nkuringo Gorilla lodge ( Midrange option)
- Buhoma community camp and Rushaga gorilla camp (Budget option)
GORILLA SAFARIS IN UGANDA COST PER PERSON US$
|LODGING OPTIONS||2 PERSONS||4 PERSONS||6 PERSONS||8 PERSONS|
|Luxury option - sharing per person||$ 1,255||$ 1,155||$ 1,125||$ 1,105|
|Midrange option - sharing per person||$ 1,075||$ 1,015||$ 980||$ 970|
|Budget option - sharing per person||$ 1,050||$ 980||$ 950||$ 940|
3 Days gorilla safaris in Uganda includes:
- Airport transfers,
- Fuel expenses,
- Accommodation while on safari,
- The costs also cover the services of English speaking driver/guide,
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) while on safari,
- 1 soft drink per meal i.e. a soda or mineral water at/during lunch and dinner,
- Park entrance fees,
- One gorilla permit per person,
- Community visit Ranger fees,
- Fuel plus all activities while on the tour as will be detailed in your itinerary.
3 Days gorilla safaris in Uganda excludes:
- Porter and walking stick,
- Local and international flights,
- Personal Travel insurance,
- Visa Fees of $50,
- Drinks and Meals not mentioned in trip plan,
- Staff tips,
- Souvenirs and all expenses of personal natures.
Some of the gorilla safaris in Uganda guidelines
- No smoking is allowed while with the gorilla premises or within a distance of 200 meters from the gorillas.
- Keep Distance of 7 meters (21 feet) away from the gorillas.
- Do not use flash photography as they may scare away the gorillas.
- Do not make loud noise or move suddenly.
- Anyone with flue or Diarrhea or any sort of communicable diseases will not be allowed to enter the park for Gorilla tracking safari.
- Always stay in a tight group while with the gorillas and do not surround the Gorillas while meeting them.
- Persons aged below 15 years are not allowed to do gorilla tracking.
What to carry on gorilla safaris in Uganda
- Wear comfortable hiking shoes or closed boots suitable for steep muddy slopes.
- For those who may not be comfortable with jungle sounds Put on ear plugs.
- Carry a packed lunch and enough drinking water.
- Don’t forget to carry rain gear, weather gloves, sunscreen lotion and a hat as the Bwindi has unpredictable weather.
- Carry with you insect repellent.
- You can carry photo camera though using flashlight is not allowed in use during the encounter with Gorillas.
For more information about Gorilla Trekking Rules and Regulations, kindly contact our office by email: [email protected] or phone call at: +256 776 660 918/ +256 751 646 578