6 Days Gorilla Trekking Tours in Rwanda Overview
Contact-us at Kjong Uganda Safaris for a 6 Days Gorilla Trekking Tours in Rwanda and experience a great Gorilla Trekking Safari, See and meet the gorillas to the maximum. Parc National des volcans (PNV) is part of the Virunga Conservation Area and covers more than 125 km². PNV is home of five Virunga volcanoes: Sabyinyo (3,674 m), Gahinga (3,474 m), Bisoke (3,711 m), Muhabura (4,127 m), and the Karisimbi, the highest volcano with an altitude of 4507 m. All five volcanoes are extinct; the active ones are located in Congo. Two of them erupted recently, the Nyiragongo erupted in January 2002 and Nyamulangira in July 2002.
ITINERARY FOR 6 DAYS GORILLA TREKKING TOURS IN RWANDA
Day 1: Arrival Kigali
Arrive at Kanombe (Kigali) airport. Meet and greet your tour guide before transferring you to Kigali City for overnight and dinner at Hotel Mille Collins (Lodge facility) Meal Plan Dinner mean while as you warm up for the experiential 6 Days Gorilla Trekking Tour in Rwanda.
Day 2: Kigali City tour and transfer to Parc Volcanoes
Our 6 days gorilla trekking tour in Rwanda starts with an early breakfast then get ready for a tour of Kigali city, this includes a visit to a genocide memorial, traditional crafts can be bought as we visit the Craft market. Drive for three hours North of Kigali city to Kinigi through Ruhengere as you encounter beautiful scenery of the rolling hills for which Rwanda is well known hence making our 6 days gorilla trekking tours in Rwanda interesting. [Approximate driving time: 3 hours] Overnight and dinner at Hotel Sabinyo Governor’s Camp Meal plan (B-L-D) keeping in mind gorilla trekking experience that you will attain from this tour.
Day 3: Gorilla Tracking Parc National des Volcanoes
Transfer to Kinigi Park Headquarters for Gorilla Trekking Tour in Rwanda, Gorilla trekking through the forests of Parc National des Volcans as you trail through hills and swamps that can be tough, arduous and tiring, sometimes taking up to 8 hours in the forest, but coming face to face with the great primates is well worth the effort. Overnight and dinner at Sabinyo Governor’s Camp Meal plan (B-L-D) mean while since we promised you a great gorilla trekking experience therefore our 6 days gorilla trekking tour in Rwanda is to be repeated for more 2 days so as to satisfy our clients needs by trekking different gorilla groups hence experiencing different trails which makes our 6 days gorilla trekking tour in Rwanda more interesting.
Day 4: Gorilla Trekking in Parc National des Volcanoes
Our 6 days gorilla trekking tour in Rwanda will commence with a Second Gorilla Trekking experience at Parc Volcanoes as we are located a different gorilla group so that we can encounter new trails through out the trek in Parc National des Volcanoes. Overnight and dinner at Sabinyo Governor’s Camp Meal plan (B-L-D)
Day 5: Gorilla Trekking in Parc National des Volcanoes
Third Gorilla Trekking at Parc National des Volcanoes is the third time in our 6 days gorilla trekking tour in Rwanda, here make sure that you a located a different group from the previous treks as we will experience new challenges on this trail hence making the entire 6 days gorilla trekking tour in Rwanda more interesting. Overnight and dinner at Sabinyo Governor’s Camp Meal plan (B-L-D)
Day 6: Drive from Parc National des Volcanoes to Kigali city
Our 6 days gorilla trekking tour in Rwanda will commence at your convenience and depending on your flight time, you will leave Parc National des Volcanoes and drive to Kigali City. On your way to Kigali, several stops will be made to observe great scenery. Lunch either at Parc Volcanoes or Kigali City. Rwanda is the country with over a thousand hills! [Approximate driving time: 3 hours]Transfer to airport for your flight. [Approximate driving time: 30mins] hence make an end to our 6 days gorilla trekking tours in Rwanda as we look forward to hosting you again.
6 days gorilla trekking tour in Rwanda price includes:
- Airport transfers,
- Accommodation on full board FB,
- Transportation 4×4 land cruiser,
- 1 Litre of Mineral water per person per day,
- Service of English speaking driver guide,
- Service of airport representative,
- Three gorilla permits per person.
6 days gorilla trekking tour in Rwanda price excludes
- Travel insurance,
- Tips and all personal expenses.
Some of the Gorilla trekking tours in Rwanda guidelines or trekking rules
- No smoking is allowed while with the gorilla premises or within a distance of 200 meters from the gorillas.
- Keep Distance of 7 meters (21 feet) away from the gorillas.
- Do not use flash photography as they may scare away the gorillas.
- Do not make loud noise or move suddenly.
- Anyone with flue or Diarrhea or any sort of communicable diseases will not be allowed to enter the park for Gorilla tracking safaris.
- Always stay in a tight group while with the gorillas and do not surround the Gorillas while meeting them.
- Persons aged below 15 years are not allowed to do gorilla tracking.
What to carry for your Gorilla trekking tours in Rwanda.
- Wear comfortable hiking shoes or closed boots suitable for steep muddy slopes.
- For those who may not be comfortable with jungle sounds Put on ear plugs.
- Carry a packed lunch and enough drinking water.
- Don’t forget to carry rain gear, weather gloves, sunscreen lotion and a hat as for unpredictable weather.
- Carry with you insect repellent.
- You can carry photo camera though using flashlight is not allowed in use during the encounter with Gorillas.
For more information about Gorilla Trekking Rules and Regulations, kindly contact our office by email: [email protected] or phone call at: +256 776 660 918/ +256 751 646 578