Chimpanzee Trekking Safari in Rwanda Trip Overview
At Kjong Uganda Safaris, We perfected in planning and executing Rwanda Safaris which include: Rwanda Primate Safari. We take you to the Land of A thousand Hills “Nyungwe National Park” for Chimpanzee trekking safaris and guided nature walk. As you carry out Chimpanzee trekking safari in Rwanda we make sure that you get the best out of this adventure. Therefore join us on our 4 days chimpanzee trekking safari in Rwanda.
ITINERARY FOR 4 DAYS CHIMPANZEE TREKKING SAFARI IN RWANDA
Day 1: Arrival in Kigali
All international flights in Rwanda arrive at the Kanombe or Kigali international Airport. Therefore upon your arrival, you will be welcomed and greeted by our company representative who will brief you shortly about your 4 days chimpanzee trekking safari in Rwanda and later transfer you to your accommodation facility for dinner and Overnight at Step Town Motel, Hotel Chezlando, Kigali Serena, Golf Hills Residence or Miles Collins (BB). Hence getting ready for the 4 days chimpanzee trekking safari in Rwanda.
Day 2: Drive to Nyungwe Forest National Park (6-7 hrs)
Our 4 days Chimpanzee trekking safari in Rwanda will start at around 7:00 am in the morning as you will be served your Breakfast at the Hotel after which you will be transferred to Nyungwe forest national park. En route visit to the tourist attractions sites of traditional Rwanda King’s palace in Nyanza and also the Cultural Museum in Butare. Later on drive past green tea fields which are scattered on the hillsides of the road and also small wooden houses all the way to Nyungwe. Dinner and overnight at Gisakura Guest House, Nyungwe Forest Lodge or Nyungwe Hill Top View Hotel (FB).
Day 3: Chimpanzee Trekking in Nyungwe Forest National Park
Our 4 days chimpanzee trekking safari in Rwanda will commence early morning for the Chimpanzee tracking trails within the forest to search for the man’s closest friends. You will be accompanied by Forest Ranger guides who will show you different forest trails. The activity takes around 3-5 hours. Return to the lodge for lunch, relax as your preparing for the afternoon guided nature walk with in the forest. This will enable all those bird loving visitors to spot out different bird species with in the forest. You should look out for birds like the black and white casqued horn bill and the Rwenzori Turacco hence making our 4 days chimpanzee trekking safari in Rwanda more interesting. Have dinner and overnight at Nyungwe Forest Lodge (Lodge facility) or Gisakura Hotel (Budget facility) Meal Plan (FB)
Day 4: Drive back to Kigali and Departure
After breakfast on our 4 days chimpanzee trekking safari in Rwanda, you will be driven back to Kigali, Upon arrival, you will be transferred to the airport for your scheduled flight back home.
4 Days Chimpanzee Trekking Safari in Rwanda package Includes
- Airport transfers,
- Transportation by 4 WD safari van,
- Fuel expenses,
- Accommodation while on safari,
- The costs also cover the services of English speaking driver/guide,
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) while on safari,
- Park entrance fees,
- One Chimpanzee permit per person,
- Nature walk,
- Fuel plus all activities while on the tour as will be detailed in your itinerary.
4 Days Chimpanzee trekking safari in Rwanda package excludes:
- Local and international flights,
- Personal Travel insurance,
- Visa Fees,
- Souvenirs and any other items of personal nature.
Some of the Chimpanzee trekking safari in Rwanda guidelines or trekking rules
- No smoking is allowed while with the chimpanzee premises or within a distance of 200 meters from the Chimpanzees.
- Keep Distance of 7 meters (21 feet) away from the Chimpanzees.
- Do not use flash photography as they may scare away the Chimpanzees.
- Do not make loud noise or move suddenly.
- Anyone with flue or Diarrhea or any sort of communicable diseases will not be allowed to enter the park for Chimpanzee tracking safaris.
- Always stay in a tight group while with the Chimpanzees and do not surround the Chimpanzees while meeting them.
- Persons aged below 15 years are not allowed to do gorilla tracking.
What to carry for your Chimpanzee trekking safari in Rwanda.
- Wear comfortable hiking shoes or closed boots suitable for steep muddy slopes.
- For those who may not be comfortable with jungle sounds Put on ear plugs.
- Carry a packed lunch and enough drinking water.
- Don’t forget to carry rain gear, weather gloves, sunscreen lotion and a hat as for unpredictable weather.
- Carry with you insect repellent.
- You can carry photo camera though using flashlight is not allowed in use during the encounter with Gorillas.
For more information about Chimpanzee Trekking Rules and Regulations, kindly contact our office by email: [email protected] or phone call at: +256 776 660 918/ +256 751 646 578