Sighting Chimpanzees in Nyungwe Forest
4 Days Chimpanzee Trekking Rwanda Trip Overview
4 Days chimpanzee trekking Rwanda enables you tour the Land of A thousand Hills “Rwanda” for Chimpanzee tracking experience and guided nature walk, on this chimpanzee trekking safari in Rwanda we make sure that you experience the best out of this chimpanzee trekking adventure. Therefore join us on this amazing 4 days chimpanzee trekking Rwanda experience.
ITINERARY FOR 4 DAYS CHIMPANZEE TREKKING RWANDA
Day 1: Arrival in Kigali
All international flights in Rwanda arrive at the Kanombe or Kigali international Airport. Therefore upon your arrival, you will be welcomed and greeted by our company representative who will brief you shortly about the 4 days chimpanzee trekking safari Rwanda and later drive to your lodge for dinner and Overnight at Step Town Motel, Hotel Chezlando, Kigali Serena, Golf Hills Residence or Miles Collins (Bed and Breakfast).
Day 2: Drive to Nyungwe Forest National Park (6-7 hrs)
The chimpanzee trekking Rwanda adventure will get started at 7:00 am in the morning as time for taking Breakfast, then drive to Nyungwe forest national park for chimpanzee tracking experience. En route visit Rwanda King’s palace in Nyanza and also the Cultural Museum in Butare. Later on drive past green tea fields which are scattered on the hillsides of the road and also small wooden houses all the way to Nyungwe. Dinner and overnight at Gisakura Guest House, Nyungwe Forest Lodge or Nyungwe Hill Top View Hotel (Full Board).
Day 3: Chimpanzee Trekking in Nyungwe Forest National Park
The chimp tracking experience will commence early in the morning so as to trail Chimpanzees within the Nyungwe forest. You will be accompanied by the rangers who will guide you throught out the chimpanzee trekking Rwanda experience while in the jungle. The entire chimpanzee trekking Rwanda experience in nyungwe forest takes around 3-5 hours then return to the lodge for lunch, relax as your preparing for the afternoon guided nature walk with in the forest. The nature walk is great for Birders as you will spot out lots of amazing bird species like the black and white casqued horn bill and the Rwenzori Turacco hence making the 4 days chimpanzee trekking Rwanda trip more interesting. Have dinner and overnight at Nyungwe Forest Lodge (Lodge facility) or Gisakura Hotel (Budget facility) Meal Plan: (Full Board)
Day 4: Drive back to Kigali and Departure
After breakfast, you will be driven back to Kigali, Upon arrival, you will be transferred to the airport for your scheduled flight back home hence marking it an end to the 4 Days chimpanzee trekking Rwanda adventure.
4 Days Chimpanzee trekking Rwanda adventure includes:
- Airport transfers,
- Transportation by 4 WD safari van,
- Fuel expenses,
- Accommodation while on safari,
- The costs also cover the services of English speaking driver/guide,
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) while on safari,
- Park entrance fees,
- One Chimpanzee permit per person,
- Nature walk,
- Fuel plus all activities while on the tour as will be detailed in your itinerary.
4 Days chimpanzee trekking Rwanda adventure excludes:
- Local and international flights,
- Personal Travel insurance,
- Visa Fees,
- Souvenirs and any other items of personal nature.
Some of the Chimpanzee trekking safari in Rwanda guidelines or trekking rules
- No smoking is allowed while with the chimpanzee premises or within a distance of 200 meters from the Chimpanzees.
- Keep Distance of 7 meters (21 feet) away from the Chimpanzees.
- Do not use flash photography as they may scare away the Chimpanzees.
- Do not make loud noise or move suddenly.
- Anyone with flue or Diarrhea or any sort of communicable diseases will not be allowed to enter the park for Chimpanzee tracking safaris.
- Always stay in a tight group while with the Chimpanzees and do not surround the Chimpanzees while meeting them.
- Persons aged below 15 years are not allowed to do gorilla tracking.
What to carry on your Chimpanzee trekking Rwanda adventure
- Wear comfortable hiking shoes or closed boots suitable for steep muddy slopes.
- For those who may not be comfortable with jungle sounds Put on ear plugs.
- Carry a packed lunch and enough drinking water.
- Don’t forget to carry rain gear, weather gloves, sunscreen lotion and a hat as for unpredictable weather.
- Carry with you insect repellent.
- You can carry photo camera though using flashlight is not allowed in use during the encounter with Gorillas.
For more information about Chimpanzee Trekking Rules and Regulations, kindly contact our office by email: [email protected] or phone call at: +256 776 660 918/ +256 751 646 578